Job Title: Company Accountant/Finance Manager
Location: Lagos Job Description
- Prepare forms and manual for accounting and book keeping personnel and direct their work activities
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Prepare, examine and analyze accounting record, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements
- Analyze business operations, financial forecasts, trend, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligation to project future revenues and expenses to provide advice.
- Establish tables of accounts, assign entities to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports and compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current technology
- Prepare forms and manual for accounting and book keeping personnel and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- The collection and maintenance of financial data as it relates to the company.
- Advising on business operations such as revenue and expenditure trends.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures.
- Prepare Financial Statements that may include monthly, quarterly and annual accounts based on the financial information that is compiled and analyzed.
- A degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Proficiency in budgeting and budgetary control.
- Strong understanding of company financial information.
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to work with senior executives.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Adequate experience in the manufacturing industry preferably food and beverage sector.
- Competence in Peachtree / Sage or similar accounting software.
- Candidate should be ICAN or ACCA certified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 25th April, 2017.